warehouse Shipping supervisor
WOODS CROSS, UT
This position oversees daily shipping operations of our warehouse. The ideal candidate will be expected to lead and motivate staff by example and uphold a consistent message in-line with the short and long-term interests of our company, our customers, and the local community in which they work.
The Shipping Supervisor’s primary focus should always be achieving maximum efficiency when fulfilling customer orders. In addition, overseeing inventory management, monitoring expenses, and ensuring the warehouse operates safely and effectively. This position will implement production, productivity, quality and customer service standards and achieve the appropriate level of volume within time limits. The goal is to ensure daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations.
- Assume responsibility for opening and closing the warehouse and securing all assets.
- Maintain clean and well-organized work, storage, and inventory areas.
- Determine staffing levels and assign workloads.
- Direct and coordinate daily warehouse operations.
- Assist in executing physical inventories by scheduling and overseeing the inventory process in the warehouse.
- Follow all procedures specific to inventory control: paperwork flow, timeliness of reporting receipt of goods, inventory transfers and other related inventory matters.
- Ensure shipments and inventory transactions are accurate.
- Make sure damaged and defective goods are processed in a timely accurate manner.
- Assist in protecting company assets through promoting awareness of loss prevention.
- Instill in your employees the meaning and importance of exceptional order fulfillment.
- Empower staff to use their best judgment.
- Promote and monitor quality service among staff through training and by acting as a positive role model.
- Lead and inspire employees so that each person contributes to the productivity of the warehouse.
- Delegate work load appropriately and effectively.
- When necessary, correct inappropriate behavior and discipline employees consistent with the company disciplinary policies.
- Provide direct supervisor with updates on the progress of the warehouse operations and staffing needs.
- Communicate job expectations and direct employees.
- Maintain open and positive relations with all divisions of the company.
- Ensure the company policy and procedures are communicated in a timely manner and adhered to accordingly.
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to fulfillment.
- Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock, and store merchandising.
- Ability to walk up and down ladders, carrying boxes, product, and other necessary store related items.
- Ability to perform maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
- Ability to safely lift boxes up to 65 lbs.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Previous fulfillment, leadership, and supervisor experience.
- Ability to give clear directions and set expectations for staff.
- Knowledge of inventory software, databases and systems.
- Excel and Word proficient.
- Attain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Attain effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to train and delegate effectively.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to effectively work with and motivate team.
- Some product use/knowledge.
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) & 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Referral program
- Awesome employee discounts
- Industry deals & pricing
- Health savings account
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
$16.00 - $18.00 per hour
If you're interested in this position, please send a copy of your resume to [email protected]