About at L9
Alpine/Downhill Skis - All Mountain, Freeride, and Race
Alpine Skis are essential to a great day on the slopes, and having your own pair of skis means that you can explore the mountain however you want with ease. There are skis built for all different styles of skiing, including learning, speed, deep snow, tricks, or just cruising with the family, and at L9 Sports, we can help you find the skis that are right for you.
Ski Width & Length
Skis come in a variety of widths, and at L9, we can help you determine what width and length will work for your skill level and desired ski style. Typically, wider skis are made to float in deeper snow, while narrower skis will be easier to turn on groomed slopes. The length of ski you want depends on your size, but also your ability level. Longer skis take more power and skill to maneuver, but will provide you with more stability, while shorter skis are usually preferred by beginners for their ease of use. L9’s website lets you easily search by both width and length.
Downhill skis are built for a variety of uses. All Mountain Skis are designed to work well wherever you might take them, Carving Skis are made to be the best skis for carving on groomed slopes, and to help beginners learn to carve, Park Skis are made for tricks on jumps and rails, while Powder Skis are made to help you float on the deepest days. Touring Skis are made lighter to help you as you ascend mountains that don’t have a chairlift, and Big Mountain Skis are built for expert skiers to ski hard down the tallest peaks.
All of these ski types overlap, and many skis are made to incorporate more than one of the above skiing styles. Luckily, the knowledgeable staff at L9 can help you find the right ski for you.
Skis for Everyone
L9 has a wide selection of Men’s skis, Women’s skis, and Children’s skis. Many skis are considered unisex, and anyone can enjoy them. However, some skis are built specifically for the shape and lower center of gravity of a woman. Children’s skis are usually lighter, narrower, and shorter than adult skis, and often come in a variety of colors to make even the most picky youngster excited.
- A ski without boundaries, Atomic Maverick 95 TI is a wildly versatile all-mountain ski. The OMatic Construction uses a Titanal layer to create the ideal balance of stiffness and flex, delivering stability from tip to tail. Ample side cut paired ...
- Playful, fun, and full of energy, the new Blackops 98 has quiver-of-one versatility for carving, slashing, and blasting across the entire mountain. Its lively wood core and energy boosting titanal layers give it plenty of pop to inspire your next ...
- Step on it. The women's Blackops Rallybird Ti is a full gas, go-anywhere ski for skiers who share the first-to-last-chair attitude. Powder missions and resort shred sessions alike, it delivers a full edge arc and plenty of float to harness ...
- Full gas. Always fast. An all-terrain, weapon of one designed for the next generation of freeride rippers, the new Sender 90 Pro opens the door to slash, smear, and carve across the mountain at will. The ski's lively wood core ...
- This go-to all mountain carver pairs Metal Twin Frame construction with a progressive sidecut to make skiing the groomers, trees, and moguls a breeze. The two titanal plates enhance edge grip, for poppy yet powerful turns.